Held at Eastlake Bar & Grill
Ali, Kay, Phill, Corprew, Marco, Erin, and Brian. Other by proxy.
Thanks to Brian for reserving the space.
Next meeting will be 11/20 (3rd Tues of the month) at 8pm location TBD.
Phill will be absent so Kay will have the reins.
Spring Retreat Dates: Proposed March 30th
Spring Town Hall: April 17th hopefully neither will conflict with any other event.
Art Grant Proposal Process
- Corprew says we need to get the process started w/in 45 days\
- Stuart really wants to be involved for Critical
- Ali will contact Stuart and update.
- SeaComp Art Budget is $500
- One call for art has been put out, another will go out tonight (Brian)
- Sarah Johnson and that Hank guy from Costco are on Art Grant Comittee
- Trying to have grants decided by next Friday.
- Phill requests info go up on BaseCamp
- Amani is constantly speaking up about communication w/the INW board and Ivan feels we could put her energy and passion to good use.
- The role must be a real voice for the community and be involved in as many events as possible.
- Discussion ensued about the role and do we really want to interject someone in between the INW board and the community. It was decided we didn’t.
- An INW presence has been proposed – a couch or something near the Rangers where board members (minus Kay and Marco) can hang out. It was suggested shifts be signed up for.
- We should have a banner. Erin will contact Ivan and investigate. Marco can can also help if needed.
- Producer selection committee will complete interviews next Friday. So far Erin is the only applicant for Exec Producer. There are several applicants for Co-Producer (Ivan, Kirsten, and John Heller aka Buffy)
- Space: Diem and Erin met w/board of the Darrington Amphitheater and pitched them on our event. A quorum wasn’t present so they will discuss and get back to us next month. There may be an issue with out proposed date conflicting with dates for events already booked there.
- It was suggested that we develop a standard pitch document for Critical and Erin has already developed that as well as a 4 page follow up sent to locations who express interest. Erin will share these and post to Basecamp.
PI reporter/writer @ SeaComp
- A friend of Kay’s knows someone who knows a writer for the PI who wants to do an article about SeaComp. He wants to come for setup and be involved with the event.
- Corprew knows of legal resources who can share “Press Contracts” Ivan and Jackass (as regional) will be looped in. After issues w/press @ Critical we’re a bit skittish.
- The Iron Monkeys will install one of their ‘Trees’ at RV complete with resin
epoxy seats that feature embedded mementos from the community (RV). A fundraiser may need to happen to complete the project.
- RV is one of the most ethnically diverse neighborhoods in all of Seattle and has been for many many years.
Photos on the INW website
- Still in progress. We have 2TB of storage as part of our hosting contract.
- Corprew is negotiating a deal for 12 pro-quality used radios for $600
- A motion was put forth, voted on, and approved. A check will need to be ready by SeaComp as they will be delivered then.
- There was a discussion about asset tags.
- Marco will send notes to Ivan who will distribute to the community.